Nelsons Pure & Clear Acne Treatment Gel Review | My Acne Care
After deciding to stop my acne treatment with Dr. Chan, I started looking out for products to manage my acne condition. I’m still having repetitive breakouts mostly on the chin area, which is very frustrating! *pulls hair*
Nelsons Pure & Clear Acne Treatment Gel Review
Initially, I was using OXY Cover on my blemishes and felt that it was too drying for my skin as it contains 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. Then I came across Nelsons Pure & Clear Acne Treatment Gel and decided to give it a try.
- Naturally and gently reduces redness and swelling
- Promotes natural healing without drying the skin
- Free from parabens, artificial colourings and fragrances
- Homeopathic remedy
Here’s how the packaging box looks like.
It comes in a metal tube. I’m particular about squeezing the tube from the top so that it looks neater, but Marcus doesn’t bother and squeezes it at the bottom part or anywhere he likes.
And so… the tube of gel looks squashed up and wrinkled now. -_-
Anyway, I have no issue with it coming in a metal tube as I can easily squeeze out the desired amount onto my finger or a cotton bud.
It is a clear gel and bears a light smell of tea tree oil, which is one of its ingredients. It is very easy to apply and glides on smoothly onto the skin.
How To Use:
Cleanse skin thoroughly and apply onto pimple as often as required. You can also apply it onto blemish prone areas as a preventive measure, especially for ladies when it’s approaching your time-of-the-month and you’re likely to get a zit or two.
- Arnica montana extract (Alleviates soreness and aching)
- Calendula extract (Promotes healing)
- Hypericum extract (Relieves minor nerve pain)
- Sulfur (Alleviates itching)
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Tea tree oil, Trolamine, Carbomer, Limonene, Linalool.
- It calms my blemishes without drying the skin, so I felt more at ease applying it as frequently as I wish.
- It is a clear gel, meaning I can apply it underneath my makeup.
- It may give you a slight tingling sensation if you have sensitive skin, or when your pimple has “popped”.
Where To Buy: iHerb.com (Click on link for product page)
TIP: If you are new to iHerb, you can use this coupon code “VLF127” for $10 off your first iHerb order of $40 or more. For orders less than $40, you will receive $5 off.
This is an affordable pimple remedy, and I like that it comes in the form of a clear gel. If you often find your skin drying up from other acne products, I would recommend you to try this as it is really more gentle on the skin. No more flaky skin! 😀
P.S. I paid for the product, i.e. this is not an advertorial or sponsorship. All opinions are based on my personal experiences.
UPDATE (Nov 2014):
I have since found a solution to control my acne! Read more about my review on the DKR Regimen.